Mediclinic is an international private hospital group with operations in UAE, South Africa, Namibia and Switzerland. It has over USD 4 billion in revenues with more than 33,000 employees.
Mediclinic Middle East operates seven hospitals in the UAE with over 900 inpatient beds, as well as more than 20 clinics in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Al Dhafra.
With its business expanding rapidly, Mediclinic Middle East realized that the pressure on its back office was rising. Keeping track of tens of thousands of invoices every year was a considerable challenge. The Accounts Payable process at Mediclinic was becoming increasingly fragmented, manually intensive, error-prone and cumbersome.
Partnering with Avaali to implement a solution efficiently and well within time:
Mediclinic chose to partner with Avaali for the implementation of Kofax ReadSoft PD AP solution. The implementation team from Avaali conducted detailed workshops with key stakeholders from Mediclinic to understand the current system and business processes, their pain points, their requirements, and the roadmap. The workshops also covered all aspects of the proposed solution in detail, to help Mediclinic appreciate how they could leverage the Kofax ReadSoft PD AP solution to resolve their needs around invoice processing and archiving incoming vendor invoices. The Avaali team created a detailed blueprint document covering Kofax ReadSoft PD AP solution business scenarios and gained the acceptance and confidence of Mediclinic business and IT team. Avaali also took ownership of educating the Mediclinic end users as well as IT users, about the solution and thus eased change management.
Mediclinic Middle East
Avaali Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Lack of digitisation and electronic movement of documents
- No standardized business rules to manage P2P and Vendor Payments. User driven business rules for invoice approval and processing.
- Long, costly and error prone Invoice Processing Cycle
- Offline correspondence and approvals in AP that are not documented or recorded in the system.
- Lack of visibility on invoice status and bottlenecks.
- Need for configuration of multiple scan stations for hard-copy invoices
- Need for configuration of E-mail channel for invoices via E-mail
- Need for capturing invoice capture data without titles and validate the data after it was pushed into SAP
- Kofax ReadSoft PD AP Solution
- Kofax ReadSoft Invoices
- Kofax ReadSoft Collector
- Kofax ReadSoft PD Web Application
- Kofax ReadSoft PD Mobile Application
- Ability to process more than 1,10,000 invoices per year and consolidation of distributed invoice processing.
- Reduced invoice cycle time, error and cost and reduced invoice cycle time significantly.
- Automated handling of various invoice types including PO and Non-PO invoices, Credit & Debit Note invoices, Down Payment Requests and Freight handling invoices.
- Efficient document processing configuration to cover dashboard indexing, master data checks on incoming invoices, price and quantity discrepancy checks and handling duplicated invoices.
- Better reporting due to implementation of custom reports such as invoice lifecycle, AP Account overview etc.
- Standard AP process across the organization for better governance and compliance.
- Higher satisfaction of suppliers and internal stakeholders
- No ‘Paper Tourism’. Easy to share documents
- All the approvals – audit trails including offline approvals
Avaali Solutions is niche technology vendor specializing in digital business operations. The company helps enterprises to consolidate, standardize and automate their operational
processes such as Procurement, Sourcing, Supply Chain, HR, Legal/Contracts, Order to Cash processes, financial processes etc. The company has executed over 150+ shared services transformation by leveraging their consulting practice strongly tied in with their tech practice to implement automation solutions such as Enterprise Content Management, Packaged applications for accounts payable, Robotic Process Automation, OCR, Information Management solutions and AI Chatbot solutions. Their customers are large enterprises; they work with customers across industries as most operational processes are largely common.
Mediclinic International (www.Mediclinic.com) is an international private hospital group with operations in UAE, South Africa, Namibia and Switzerland. It has over USD 4 billion in revenues with more than 33,000 employees.
Medclinic Middle East operates seven hospitals in the UAE with over 900 inpatient beds, as well as more than 20 clinics in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Al Dhafra.