SAP Data Archiving
- India’s largest private sector company in the Diary industry.
- Location: Chennai.
- ?36.7 billion Revenue.
- Dairy ingredients exported to 38 countries in the American, Middle East and South East Asian Market.
- Future expansion plans to strengthen global presence, ISO 9001:2000 Certified.
Challenges & Opportunities:
- Rapid business growth, resulting in large database, reduced performance & elevated administration costs & increased downtime during upgrade.
- Reduce database size, archive business complete data.
- Reduce administration, operation cost, System downtime during maintenance & Upgrade activities.
- Improve system performance & facilitate smooth operations.
- Keen on upgrading SAP environment to cater to the growing business expansions and their requirements, but wanted to reduce upgrade time and complexity.
- Identified & Standardized archiving policy for all business data and put in place a long term archiving blueprint and strategy.
- Automated data archiving processes for all business complete data.
- Categorized archived data for long term storage.
- Developed various access mechanisms for end user access to archived data.
- Long term cost effective secured storage, retrieval and management of archived data.
- Significantly Reduced operational & administration costs.
- Significantly Reduced downtimes during maintenance & upgrade activities.
- Reduced database size and Improved system performance.
- Effective and smooth business operations.