Customer experience is central to the success of any organization. Research shows that the top reason for customers switching brands is not price or product but because of poor customer experience. Simply said, good, compelling experiences grab customers and bad experiences push them away. Customer experience is in many forms, be it through their interaction with you in person, on your website, on a mobile app or over social media. It is important that your enterprise has the processes and technologies in place to ensure that customer experience is managed at every touch point. Customer Experience Management (CEM) is a set of practices and tools to strategically manage experience throughout the customer lifecycle across all channels and touch points. An effective and mature CEM practice leads to increased sales, highly satisfied customers, agility and responsiveness to market trends and customer feedback and finally cost efficiencies through better optimized utilization of marketing spends.
Customer Experience Management (CEM) is a set of practices and tools tostrategically manage experience throughout the customer lifecycle across all channels and touch points. In other words, it as a methodology used for bridging the gap between the intended customer experience and actual customer experience. CEM is used to track, oversee and organize every interaction between a customer and the organization throughout the customer lifecycle. The main purpose of CEM is to optimize interactions from the customer’s perspective and, as a result, promote customer loyalty. In today’s times some of the key challenges faced by organizations are:
- How to retain customers?
- What are customers excited by?
- What do customers expect?
- How to create a richer experience irrespective of the communication channel (website, mobile devices, social networks etc.)?
- How to optimize marketing strategies and campaigns and draw maximum returns from marketing spends?
- Increased brand share of mind and top of mind recall, versus competition
Organizations are required to manage their global brand and produce effective communication across all channels. It is important to ensure that what is delivered from frontline staff to customers is always aligned to corporate strategy and what the brand stands for. To overcome these challenges a comprehensive customer experience management (CEM) strategy and set of technologies are used to collect and analyze customer feedback and deliver these compelling and engaging experiences. Customer Experience Management also allows for an integrated multi-channel digital marketing strategy.
Social media is an important element which is impacting the way people connectwith each other and the way organizations interact with various entities: customers, partners, stakeholders, and employees. Social media is exciting because it allows you to build, grow and interact with your community in a real-time atmosphere outside of your business walls. Enterprise Information Management (EIM) plays a major role in an Enterprise’s social media strategy. EIM not only provides a platform for integrating social media into your organization’s business process but also helps to draw insights from social media, allowing for a more targeted online marketing strategy. EIM leverages feeds from various social networks relevant to your organization and industry, thus helping you build and propagate your brand and company profile across the web.
Some of the benefits offered by an effective social media strategy are:
- Sales improvements through generation of leads through social platforms and improved conversion of leads through better engagement with customer prospects.
- Connecting users, partners and customers over engaging conversations where constructive feedback and opinions are voiced.
- Customer services improvements through reduced response times and improved customer satisfaction.
- Efficiency improvements as a large number of customers are reached at a lower cost compared to traditional channels.
- Moves digital content at the speed of business to increase the returns on marketing investment
Digital Asset Management (also known as Media Management) supports CEM asthe core management layer for managing the Intellectual Property (IP) assets, unifying workflows, production environments, and distribution. Digital Asset Management is an enterprise-grade asset management solution that provides secure, cost-effective control of digital assets throughout your organization and facilitates publishing across multi-channel platforms.
Digital Asset Management provides the following benefits to organizations:
- Reduces risk of brand inconsistency.
- Increases teamwork by reducing effort and time needed to transfer files and accelerates content review and approval processes.
- Provides access to a centralized repository ensuring a single source of the truth, ensuring access to the most current version of digital/media assets.
- Allows asset reuse and provides user-friendly asset re-purposing mechanisms, thus reducing costly re-creation of digital assets and accelerating time-to-market.
- Ensures that your organization has real-time responsiveness to meet market trends and customer expectations.
- Web experience management is cognizant of the customer context and delivers content pages, images etc. accordingly – in real time, so that you can provide your customers with exactly what they want, how they want it, based on their current context.
Web Experience Management: Customers interact with your organization indifferent ways. Some go straight to your website from their laptops; some visit you on their mobile devices. Others follow your Twitter feeds and Facebook pages. No matter how your customers choose to reach you, each expects an individualized online experience – one that both makes interacting with you easy and provides targeted content.
The benefits offered by web experience management are:
- An easy to use and compelling web experience that is tailored to the customer leads in increased customer satisfaction and drives revenues.
- Provides the ability to display content consistently across multiple channels including mobile devices and other web platforms.
- Aligns IT and business digital strategies, processes and technologies.